Pages

Friday, October 10, 2014

October 10th - 2014


Gonna be a Happy Day for me:

Full Sun, Mid 50's, Light Breeze.   Mmmmm ..  Weatherwise, that is my kind of day.  Add to that  mix: a beautiful array of Fall colors and you have a simply gorgeous day.  Depending on how I feel, I may go for a walk.......or, even better try to assemble my bike and go for a bike ride.  (Or maybe I will ride the bike around the parking lot  until I get the feel of the bike.  It has been a long time since I have been on a bike.)  I bought this little number at Walmart in the early Spring and there it sits in my dining room still in the box.
It is not a bike with speeds, just a plain, old - time cruiser bike. ( The kind you have to brake by back-pedaling.)  The true lure for me to purchase this bike was its color.   The color is called Pistachio. And it is beautiful!  I should go out around 3AM when the traffic is very light, but I don't think that that will happen either. We will see what happens.  If nothing else, me and my camera will go for a walk.


Wonderful news today!!   

The young 15 yr old girl that was shot in the head and almost killed while on a school bus in Pakistan a couple of years ago (because she thought that young girls should be allowed to go to school). She had come to be known for her campaign for education for girls and, of course, the Taliban had issue with this.  And they shot her in the head......because she said out loud that girls should be able to go to school. 
Well this wonderful child (now 17) has been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize...  And well deserved!  She literally laid her life on the line, by simply believing that girls should be allowed to go to school.
Her name is Malala Yousafzai and is now 17 and she shares the prize with  Kailash Satyarth, a human rights activist in the same country, also known for her fight for the rights of children...in the same area.  Here is a link to the CNN coverage of this amazing story.  She is the youngest person to win the Nobel Peace Prize.  Simply Ahhhhhh-mazing!

I am off to do some errands and then time to move onto my bike...

Blessings!

Sandy


No comments:

Post a Comment