Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Tuesday November 4, 2014 Vote Day!

Tuesday Morning and seemingly very typical/usual... And that is until.......
Da Da Da Daaaaaaaaaa!
All 3 cats were in the Patio Door Window, enjoying the sunshine streaming into the apartment, the sun selectively landing on the horizontal surfaces of things in the apartment and showing a rather thick layer of dust everywhere. I could hear the leaves rustling outside and when I looked up I saw 2 large geese coming up over the hill and headed for my patio. The cats crouched down into attack position and started making weird noises while standing still as cat statues. The geese slowed their descent and took their sweet time as they sauntered nearer and nearer to my patio. I was so entranced with the scenario that a thought of grabbing my camera never entered my head. Finally, the geese made it to the patio........they stepped onto the patio and I swear that Stormy (My cat) was going to go through the screen as the glass door was open. The two geese settled in on the patio and looked around and saw the cats (although I think they knew that the cats were there the whole time). The 3 cats and 2 geese stared at each other, and then one of the geese made a loud "HONK", and the 3 cats freaked and ran to the bedroom, while stepping on each other and running across the coffee table and all the papers and things sitting there were in the air and eventually on the floor. They knocked over the ironing board filled with clothes to be ironed and knocked over a waste basket filled with things to be recycled.
While messy, it was hilarious! The geese are gone but the cats have not resurfaced from under the bed.
It was just one HONK, but it was loud and timed perfectly! What a way to wake up!
Wonder when I will see the cats again.......
Have a great Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment