Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2014

November 13, 2014 ~~ The Dreaded Crud

     Since June I have been fighting a nasty bout with eczema, and have finally come to a point where the rash has almost totally cleared up. I was euphoric! However, the rash seemed to be reappearing in different areas (the top and side of my head) and it was very sore. So I used the prescribed ointment on it and tried to make it better. Then the headaches began on the right side of my head and would send shooting pains down my right side of my head to my eye, ear and neck. The pain was far more intense and I really began to think that this was very different from before. My scalp was unable to be touched by my hand, let alone brush my hair.
      Then the "lump" appeared on my neck. I freaked......(To me the lump was at the very least, the size of a basketball, but that was my brain running away with my common sense.) I was convinced that I had a very serious malady. And the lump told me that it was probably cancer.
      So, I go to the doctor and as he walked into the exam room, he stopped and said, "Oh, Sandy, Look at you!" with a very concerned look on his face....And I asked, "What?"........Then he sat down and told me right away that what I had was "Shingles". And that explained the pain, the fiery burning and the red skin and scalp. So I am on meds for the a few weeks and have my wonderful pain meds that I love with all my heart! My right eye is affected and I hope that it can make it through without any permanent damage to the eye/vision.
      Please pray....

No comments:

Post a Comment