Pages

Sunday, November 9, 2014

November 9, 2014

November 9, 2014



A lazy Sunday morning for me.....I got to bed early last night and got up relatively early this morning.  Still have ironing to do and I may (or may not) finish it up, today.  For some reason, I am in a pensive mood.  That always scares me as it generally means that I start a new project.  And I am not ready for that.  So, I am trying to clear my head and concentrate on what the present has for me to do.  Which is a lot of stuff.
Reading the news, this morning surprised me.  Pope Francis seems to have shown some new  colors to the public that haven't been visible before.  A Cardinal of the United States was "demoted" by the Pope for disagreeing with the Pope on issues of Gay rights.  The Cardinal was very vocal and quite anti-gay and did not care for the Pope encouraging the changing atmosphere to welcome gays into the church.  Long story short .....Time Magazine reports on November 8, 2014  that the "Highest Ranking Cardinal of the United States" was relieved of his duties and demoted to a "Chaplain" status. 
The Cardinal apparently likened Pope Francis'  leadership to "a boat without a rudder".   Hmmmmmm....I am not certain that I ever remember someone of Cardinal status being demoted.  But I suppose I could have missed others. I am still not trusting Pope Francis, completely, and I shudder to hear people saying that Pope Francis is so much like Pope John XXIII.  I totally  disagree.
Enough of my rambling.....  
It is a grey day here on Emerald Pointe , and my ambition  is gone (actually never showed up!).
To all the happy people out there in Blogger Land:  Have a wonderful day/evening/night!

No comments:

Post a Comment